Island Blue and the Environment
We have considered how our business affects the environment in every way and have made some changes. Our new green initiative affects you specifically in these ways:
1. We now offer a full line of paper products—including rolls and finished prints—that contain 40%-100% recycled content. We have carefully evaluated this paper and learned that there is virtually no difference in quality or appearance between this and the virgin bond you are used to. However, this paper does save trees.
2. We assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of Island Blue's equipment plant and operations
3. We adhere to all relevant regulations concerning waste and environmental well-being
4. We ensure that all sub-contractor operations are in-line with this policy, and that they are aware of their respective responsibilities in the environment
5. We minimize material wastage and actively promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
Island Blue Print Co. Ltd. constantly monitors and reviews its environmental performance and this Green Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.
- Bond Papers
- Our standard 20# copy bond is made from 100% post consumer waste pulp and sourced from Badger Paper. It is FSC and SFI certified and process chlorine free.
- Offset and Book Papers
- Our 60# and 70# offset papers contain 40% post consumer waste, are process chlorine free and Green-e certified.
- Text and Cover Papers
- Our 80# and 100# text and cover sheets are 10% post consumer waste, as requirements for a brighter, cleaner sheet are paramount. Papers are acid free and elemental chlorine free.
- 3/16" Foamcore
- Available upon request, we carry a fully biodegradable foamcore product. The polystyrene foam center breaks down under landfill conditions within 1-5 years and contains no less than 15% recycled material. The paper liners are formulated from wood products certified by the Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI).
- BIOflex Vinyl
- A banner substrate that contains no toxic elements, BIOflex is engineered to break down in landfill conditions, unlike traditional pvc vinyl products. Once in the ground, the manufacturer asserts the vinyl will disintegrate completely within five years and there is no hazardous by-product left behind in the soil.