The following list is also available for download as a PDF document for your convenience. It can be used as a handy reference sheet as you work with your book and book design.
You And Your Book
- Have you supplied us with your full contact information?
- Have you read the complete document?
- Have you been supplied with a written quotation?
- Have you specified your book trim size?
- Have you specified the number of copies required?
- Have you specified your timeframe for delivery?
- Have you allowed enough time for delivery to avoid increased costs?
- Have you given us complete addresses for distribution?
- Is the text document you have supplied a PDF file?
- Is your PDF page the correct size as per your trim size?
- Did you embed all fonts?
- Did you embed all images?
- Are all embedded images at 100% size?
- Are all black & white photos in the text PDF grayscale and 300 dpi?
- Did you create a separate PDF file for colour pages being inserted into a black & white text book?
- Is your text formatted as a one page at a time PDF file?
- Is your cover document a separate PDF file?
- Does your cover fit the trim size you selected with the correct spine size?
- Do you have the appropriate amount of bleed when trimmed?
- Are all fonts embedded?
- Is your cover image 300 dpi and CMYK?
- Are all embedded graphic images at 100% size?
- Are all live graphics or text at least ¼" away from the final trim size?
- Is there extra square inch top & bottom of text on the spine?